It's Another Boy for American Idol's Justin Guarini

Justin Guarini American Idol Welcomes Son Asher
Jeff Ballard PR


A very sleepy-sounding Justin Guarini is a dad again!


He and wife Reina Capodici welcomed their second son, Asher, at 6:40 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 25. He weighed in 7 lbs., 8 oz.


“He’s the sweetest little boy you could ever ever ever ask for,” the American Idol season one runner-up, tells PEOPLE on the phone from the hospital in his hometown of Doyletown, Penn. “He made his way into the world nice and easy.”


And, notes the proud papa, “He is a ravenous eater! He would probably spend 24 hours latched to his mom if he could.”


Still not clear if his newborn will be the mini-me his 22-month-old older brother William Neko was.


“My first son looked like exactly like me,” says Guarini. “We don’t know who Asher will take after. He’s a mystery right now!”

Still, William was very happy to meet his new sibling. “He came to see Asher when he was a day old and all he wanted to do was lean over and kiss him.” (Justin is also stepdad to 8-year-old Lola, from his wife’s first marriage.)


Guarini says he’s busier than ever these days — almost too busy to watch American Idol.


“It’s really crazy,” he says. “I got three kids and I’ll be going back to Broadway soon and I’m still writing new music.”


Still, he tunes in when he can. “It’s so different than when I was on it,” Guarini admits. “It was simpler. I feel like an old man watching it! But my heart goes out to the people on the show. They have to work unbelievably hard to get there.”


He’s not rooting for anyone specific just yet: “I’ve been prepping for the baby,” he says with a laugh.


Besides, he’s got more immediate concerns at the moment — like sleep!


“Well, I’ve gotten more sleep than my wife,” he concedes, “but no more than a few hours. We’re gonna take Asher home today. I can’t wait.”


Justin Guarini American Idol Welcomes Son Asher
Jeff Ballard PR


– Liz McNeil


You're reading an article about
It's Another Boy for American Idol's Justin Guarini
This article
It's Another Boy for American Idol's Justin Guarini
can be opened in url
http://newscontour.blogspot.com/2013/02/it-another-boy-for-american-idol-justin.html
It's Another Boy for American Idol's Justin Guarini